New features, existing feature enhancements, and fixes are included in the product update released on May 11, 2017. The major new features in this release include an Appointment History, the ability to create clinical notes from any of the clinical modules, the ability to set provider hours distinct from the location hours (solo practice only), and to populate the Extraoral Photo panel in the Imaging tab.
- The Clinical Notes button is now available from ALL clinical modules.
- Clinical Notes is now a multi-function button from which you can either create new clinical notes or review or sign existing clinical notes.
- For single-site offices only, a new Working Hours tab has been added to the User Account Information page for users defined as a provider in the Basic Info Within the framework of the location hours, custom working hours can be defined for each of the providers in the practice, including rotating schedules.
- The Search for Openings feature in the Calendar will take a provider’s hours into account when looking for the next available appointment times.
- An Appointment History icon has been added to the Appointment panel. Clicking the icon opens an Appointment History window for that appointment, where you can see the following:
- Who created an appointment, and when
- Any changes made to the Appointment Status, Operatory, Provider, Assisting Provider, Date/Time, or Duration, and which user made the changes
- When you hover over a recare appointment reason in the Appointment panel, a pop-up displays the procedure information.
- The icons for Broken and No Show appointment statuses were reworked to make them stand out more in the Status list.
Patient Information & Communication
- When you create a new patient record the Phone Type now defaults to Mobile.
- The SMS appointment reminders have been reformatted to be more concise and encourage patients to schedule their appointment online.
- The Patient Information page was modified to present a more user-friendly view of who the patient was referred by and who the patient has referred to the practice.
- A new analysis report called Production by Referral Source has been added in the Financial category. The report includes professional or marketing (non-person) referral sources.
- A new version of the Production by Referring Patient report provides insight into the production provided by your patient referral sources.
- Referral fields in the Analysis Ledger, Interactive Ledger, Analysis Patient, and Interactive Patient reports were updated.
- Power Reporting was updated to show the last time data in Power Reporting was updated, and the next time the data will update. The update happens automatically so the Sync button has been removed, replaced with a “Data as of [timestamp]” badge. You can click on the badge to get an estimate of the next update time.
- Support for the capture and coding of Bitewing Seven Images has been added.
- The workflow for extraoral procedure code was modified to allow users to capture both intraoral and extraoral images in the same session and then specify their placement in the panels. In order to assign teeth to the image, you had to remember to edit the images later.
- Previously there was no way to indicate that any images were extraoral photos. With the new workflow, they are presented with the drag and drop page to assign the images to specific teeth, arches, or extraoral PRIOR to saving and uploading the images, which will finally populate the lower left panel on the “Show most recent images” page.