Online Booking Enhancements
The Book on your website utility now provides three ways that your website manager can acquire code to embed a booking link directly into your practice website: a simple URL, the URL within an HTML hyperlink tag, and Dynamic IFrame or inline frame, which means the booking dialog can take place without the patient leaving your website.
The Cancellation and Complaint policies have been removed from the online experience until such time as we can provide a means for these to represent your own office policies.
You can now validate unassigned patients directly from the Appointments Booked Online report. Clicking an appointment hyperlink opens the appointment panel within the report rather than taking you to the schedule. This makes for a greatly improved workflow.
Patient isolation has been extended to the patient suggestions offered for unassigned bookings. That is, when Ascend offers possible matches for similar patients when an online patient has indicated they are new, the matches come only from the locations for which the user has rights.
Unassigned patients now appear in the routing panel, but cannot move beyond the Here status until they are assigned. The advancement button will be disabled and grayed out. This is okay because Here means the patient is standing right in front of you!
Unassigned patients can now receive appointment reminders and confirm their appointments electronically. Previously, patients had to be assigned before appointment confirmation or reminder messages were sent by the patient communication system.
Changes to Appointment Reasons are now included in the Audit log.
Exit Workflow Compliance Report
A new Workflow Compliance Report is now available from the Home menu. This phase one version provides a summary of the success or failure rate for all tasks that were required within a selected time frame.
Some things to know about the report:
- The report only includes “required” tasks. For example, if at walkout you already have a phone number and an email address for the patient, those tasks are not required (because they’re already fulfilled) and so they are not counted in the report.
- The report uses the terms “succeeded” and “failed” to describe whether a required task was completed. The purpose of this is to avoid overuse of the term “completed”, which has other meanings when talking about appointments. Success means that all tasks were completed before the appointment was set as Complete, and Fail means a task was not completed and a reason was provided—meaning the Track appointment tasks and require reasons for incomplete tasks feature is turned on.
- The report may be filtered multiple ways so that you can look at your data from different aspects.
- You can drill down in the report by clicking the arrows to expand a category. Where Other reasons were provided, you can hover over the text to see the complete message.
- Access to this report is controlled by the user Schedule/recare reports
Recare Task Required Only for Primary Types
With regard to the routing panel Schedule Recare task, the exit workflow has been improved by making the task required only for recare types designated as “primary” in the Recare Setup page (by checking the Primary Recare Type field). It is expected that most offices will select PROPHY and perhaps one or two other types performed frequently.
Quick Exam Usability
The usability of the Quick Exam feature has been enhanced by highlighting the surfaces selected when you specify a condition, existing work, or treatment-planned procedure.
Alternate Billing Address
For multi-location organizations wishing to publish one central billing address rather than having each location supply its own, with this software release you may set an additional address which is not the location address.
To set an alternate billing address, from the Settings menu navigate to Location Information and open the new Billing Statements tab.
When set, the alternate billing address will apply to bulk-generated billing statements, statements printed for individuals, and patient walkout statements.
In this same tab, you may also now set a default selection for the Add to Patient Connection switchers in all places where they occur.
With this update, the billing statement disclaimer message (the message appearing at the bottom of the statement) is no longer part of the Disclaimers page under Settings. The disclaimer messages are now done exclusively through Home Billing Statements, in the Statement message section of the Generate Billing Statements dialog box.
This update adds support for the following sensors:
- LED Dental Tuxedo
- Apex Dental Sensors
- Video Dental Concepts QuickRay HD
2D / 3D Image Workflow
- Two new procedure selections have been added in Acquisition Setup. These are CADCAM and VOLUME.
- CADCAM selection has no special options and is currently only supported with ROMEXIS software.
- VOLUME selection is a little more complicated and supports both ROMEXIS and SIDEXIS software as an acquisition source.
- VOLUME is a shortcut for one of six possible Cone Beam codes. The user needs to click on one from the “Acquisition Type” listbox.
- Depending on the selection the “With interpretation/analysis” checkbox will be selected. This is different than in the US where the user can change this option. For AU it is an indicator, not an option to change.
- Depending on the selection the user may need to choose a sextant or arch. If so the UI will show a warning message telling them to do so before they can proceed with acquisition.
- After proceeding to acquisition in both modes the user will be taken over to their ROMEXIS or SIDEXIS software where they will capture the scan.
- The image returned to Ascend varies depending on what as imported and which software was used. Currently we only support showing a thumbnail/preview image and not the full volume in Ascend.
- When viewed in Ascend a new button “Open In App” will appear in the image footer. When clicked the appropriate program will be opened and the patient and model loaded. This allows the user to get back to the full scan and powerful tools that are supplied by ROMEXIS and SIDEXIS.
If you have a Sidexis or Romexis 3D hardware and want assistance on this new functionality, please contact support.
Additional functionality planned includes viewing the 3D model directly in Ascend, tools for zooming and processing the model as well as the ability to directly import a model and not be required to go into ROMEXIS or SIDEXIS software.
In the future if we are able to directly integrate to CBCT scanning devices we will do that as well.