New features and existing feature enhancements are included in the product update released October 31, 2017. The major enhancements in this release include the ability to hide patient names in the Calendar, a new clinical module called Quick Exam that will make the examination process more efficient, a new insurance indicator in the patient ribbon, and improved navigation buttons.
Single Click Access
We learned an interesting statistic: in any given month, the Schedule menu button was clicked over two million times by users making their way to the Calendar. And we thought of a way to make things more efficient. With this update, now when you click Schedule you go straight to the Calendar; when you click Patient you go straight to the Patient Overview; and when you click Home you go straight to the Overview. You can still get to all the menu items by clicking the down arrow next to the menu button.
Quick Exam is a new tab in the clinical suite. This new feature was created for the specific purpose of reducing the number of clicks it takes to record conditions, existing work, and treatment planning during a full evaluative examination.
- We envision the common workflow to be a tooth by tooth examination.
- Clinical notes can be added during the examination; when you close the note, you go right back to the Quick Exam page.
- At any point in the exam you can switch to a summary “show me what I’ve done so far” view.
- If you choose a procedure with strictly-indicated tooth numbers (e.g. wisdom teeth extraction, full upper dentures) those teeth will be selected automatically when you select the multi-code.
Hide / Display Patient Names
With this update you have to ability to keep patient names from appearing in the schedule, the routing panel, and in notifications. To hide patient names, toggle the new Hide patients name switcher in the View menu to On.
- Patient names will remain hidden until you toggle the switcher to Off.
- This setting is machine-specific, so you only have to hide patient names in areas where patients might see the workstation screen. The first person to make the setting change sets it for everyone at that workstation.
- You can sneak a peek at the patient names by clicking a “person” icon that appears only when you are in privacy mode. Click and hold to see names. The names will hide again when you release. You can also peek at names by pressing and holding the F4 key.
Missed Appointment Records
This update modifies missed appointment records so that they retain a snapshot of the appointment note and save it with the missed appointment record.
We added an indicator on the patient ribbon to show at a glance whether the patient has insurance. This will keep you from having to switch screens to check whether they have a plan.
- Green = covered by an insurance plan; and gray = uninsured, or the patient’s plan has expired.
- Click the indicator to jump to the patient’s Insurance Information page.
The Aged Receivables report can now be filtered to show only outstanding balances for orthodontic procedures, or to show everything except outstanding balances for orthodontic procedures. In this first version of the enhancement, the list of ortho procedures is predefined and cannot be edited. Click the information badge next to the drop-down field to see the list of procedures. Later versions of this enhancement will allow you to customize the list.
- Added the ability to retake an image and exchange it for the original image in an existing exam.
- Added 2 Bitewings + 2 Periapical Images (2BW2PA) to the Imaging Procedures list.
- Added the ability for the Zoom function to shrink images as well as enlarge them.
- Added automated update notifications for Mac users.