New features, existing feature enhancements, and fixes are included in the product update released 2nd August 2017. The major new features in this release include new provider production reports, an enhancement to the Recare Management report, and the ability to resume an incomplete exam.
This update includes several enhancements designed to add more choices in the financial reports. As a result, you may experience errors when opening custom saved reports that reference these changes. We apologize for any difficulty you may encounter but trust that the changed and new fields will make reporting more flexible and useful going forward. Any fields which are identified as no longer being available can be re-added to allow the report to function as it did before.
• Added a new Provider Account Receivables financial report. This report can show how effective your collections efforts are. From this report you can view total accounts receivable, total production, total collections, and a ratio (%) of collections to production. You should run this report and review it with your staff at least once a month, although some consultants suggest running this report weekly.
• Added a new Provider Aging financial report. The longer outstanding balances go unpaid, the less likely they are to be paid. That’s why it’s vital to understand how many dollars are outstanding 30, 60, 90, or, worst case, 120+ days. From this report you can see a summary of how much remains uncollected and for how long for all the providers in your organization at once. You should run this report and discuss it with your providers at least monthly.
• Enhanced the Analysis Treatment Plan Report Builder and Interactive Treatment Plan Report Builder by adding a Procedure Count measure.
• Added Case Status as filter to the Analysis Treatment Plan Report Builder
• Users can now mark a report as a favorite by clicking on the star near the report name. This gives the report a little better visibility.
• The ability of your office to work concurrently with patient information has been enhanced. One user can update information in the Basic Info section while a second user enters Notes for the same patient, without any interference or data loss.
•For multi-site organizations: A new Preferred Location column has been added to the list of potential duplicate patients. When entering a new patient, the system will check for duplicates and alert you that a similar patient has been found. This should increase the accuracy of your patient records.
• When you print a Treatment Plan it now fits the paper better, with improved use of the margins and white space, and removal of duplicate information. The Description column is larger, making it easier to read.
• For multi-site locations, the Recare Management report has been enhanced with the addition of a Recare Location filter. Click the dropdown and select a name to get a list of unscheduled recare types just for that location. This also allows multi-sites to run a report of all unattached recare patients by location to reach out to patients to get them back into the recare system.
Billing and A/R
Billing statement disclaimers and treatment planner disclaimers got the same printing improvement as the Treatment Planner printout—better use of margins and white space. In addition:
• When you customize the billing statement message before generating a bulk list, the custom message is saved and remains intact for the next time you generate statements.
• The same is true for any modifications you make to Billing Statement Disclaimers or Treatment Planner Disclaimers (Settings Disclaimers).
• If you would like to go back to the default message provided by Dentrix Ascend, click the Reset to default link above the message area.
• Added integration for the following sensors:
o Instrumentarium OP30 Panorex
o Kodak RVG intraoral sensors
o Sopro Cameras on OS X
o Digital Doc Iris camera on OS X
• Twain devices can now be used in the Phosphor Plate module.
• Added the ability to resume an incomplete exam.