New features, existing feature enhancements, and fixes are included in the product update released on 28 June 2017. The major new features in this release include assigning teeth to a clinical note, the ability to print several popular reports, the ability for clinical staff to sneak a peek at the schedule without changing screens, printing words with quantities of pills dispensed in prescriptions, and the ability to define provider hours for multi-site locations.
- You can now associate a tooth or multiple teeth with a clinical note. Teeth can be assigned when entering a clinical note, from the Clinical Note popup, and from the Unsigned Clinical Notes widget. When you select one or more teeth and add a clinical note, the tooth number is automatically recorded.
- The Add Clinical Note screen has been enhanced to include the patient name and date of birth so you know whose note you are writing.
- While you are in the Add Clinical Note screen, click the tooth number hyperlink to open a pop-up that allows you to change or add to the tooth assignment without leaving the note. Or, if you added a clinical note without making a tooth selection, use the “Assign teeth” hyperlink to open the pop-up and make a selection.
- The Clinical Notes drop-down preview includes the associated tooth numbers.
- We added a new tab called Schedule Peek to the collapsible routing panel on the left side of the app. This allows clinical staff to see who’s up next in the schedule.
- You can “pin” the panel so it stays open and resizes the rest of the Ascend app so the panel doesn’t cover a portion of the screen
- Toggle between Status Tracker and Schedule Peek using the different tabs inside the panel
- Note that appointments cannot be edited in Schedule Peek, but hover information is available, and the patient currently selected in the chart or other clinical window is highlighted
- Clicking an appointment in the Schedule Peek will change the current patient to the patient of the appointment selected
- Double-clicking an appointment in Schedule Peek will switch to the Calendar and open the appointment so it can be edited.
Provider working hours can now be defined for multi-site locations. Login to one location to set the main schedule, then switch to any other locations where the provider will be working to set the hours there.
- A new “Working Hours” tab has been added to the User Account Information page
- A drop-down option allows working hours to be set for each location
- Rotating or repeating weekly schedules can be built based on a 1, 2, 3, or 4-week rotation
In the generic templates you now have the option to include the number of pills dispensed written as both numbers and as text.
To make the change, select a template and click Modify Print Settings. Click to select “include words with quantities”.
- The Analysis Ledger Report Builder can now include aging information.
- You are now able to use your browser’s native print capability to print several reports. You can typically choose to print in portrait or landscape format, in color or black and white, and can select and copy all and paste the report into Microsoft Word or Excel. These reports include:
- Aged Receivables
- Payment Analysis
- Audit Log
- Day Sheet
- Payment Plan Status
- Referral Analysis
- Recare Management
- Outstanding Claims